Primary Rate Interface (PRI) Installation
To install a T1/PRI Interface PCB:
1. Attach a grounded wrist strap to your wrist and a grounded metal object (such as CEU ground).
2. To remove the front cover, loosen the two front panel retaining screws. Slide the front cover to the right then pull straight out.
3. Set the run/block switch DOWN.
4. Make sure the SW100 switch on the T1/PRI Interface PCB is set to 1.5M (PRI/T1).
5. Set the SW101 dip switches on the T1/PRI PCB for either T-Bus or S-Bus mode.
6. Set the SW3 dip switches on the T1/PRI PCB for either PRI Mode or T1 Mode.
7. Plug the T1/PRI Interface PCB into any universal slot.
Note that the white PCB Pull Tab should always be positioned closest to the top of the cabinet.
8. Set the RUN/BLOCK switch UP.
With normal operation, the status LED will ﬂash fast. If trouble was found during the self diag- nostics routine, the status LED will ﬂash slowly.
Once connected, the ISDN Layer Link Status LEDs will be on steady when the Layer link is established. If there is no link, the LED will be off.
9. Connect the cable from the NT1 Network Termination cable to the CN3 connector on the T1/PRI
PCB. The CSU connects to the network through an 8-pin RJ45/RJ48 connector. With PRI Networking,
a cross-over cable must be used on the master system’s T1/PRI PCB or CSU to the telco demarca- tion. If the systems are networked side by side and not through telco, then a straight-through cable is used.
10. Connecting a Satellite 931 CSU (P/N 85945):
● Connect the cable from the T1/PRI PCB to the ‘LOCAL EQUIPMENT’ connector on the
back panel of the CSU.
● Using the 8-pin RJ48C-RJ48C modular cable that was shipped in the box with the Satellite
931 CSU, connect the cable to the ‘T1 NETWORK’ connector on the back panel of the CSU. ● Connect the opposite end of the NETWORK cable to the telco connection.
11. Replace the cover and tighten the two captive screws on the right side of the cabinet cover.