User Announcements AVAYA IP Office
Announcements are played to callers waiting to be answered. This includes callers being presented to hunt group members, ie. ringing, and callers queued for presentation.
· IP Office 4.0+ supports announcements using Embedded Voicemail.
· If no voicemail channel is available for an announcement, the announcement is not played. · Calls can be answered during the announcement.
· If a call is rerouted to a hunt group's Night Service Group or Out of Service Fallback Group, the announcements of the new group are applied.
· If a call overflows, the announcements of the original group are still applied, not those of the overflow group.
· For announcements to be used effectively, the hunt group's Voicemail Answer Time must be extended or Voicemail On must be unselected.
Announcement Configuration 1.Open IP Office Manager.
2.Select the user or hunt group for which announcements are required. 3.View the Announcements tab.
· Announcements On: Default = Off.
This setting enables or disables announcements.
· Wait before 1st announcement: Default = 10 seconds. Range = 0 to 9999 seconds.
This setting sets the time delay from the calls presentation, after which the first announcement should be played to the caller. If Synchronize Calls is selected, the actual wait may differ, see below.
· Flag call as answered: Default = Off.
This setting is used by the IP Office CCC and CBC applications. By default they do not regarded a call as answered until it has been answered by a person. This setting allows calls to be marked as answered once the caller has heard the first announcement. This setting is not used by the IP Office Customer Call Reporter application.
· Post announcement tone: Default = Music on hold.
Following the first announcement, you can select whether the caller should hear Music on Hold, Ringing or Silence until answered or played another announcement.
· 2nd Announcement: Default = On.
If selected, a second announcement can be played to the caller if they have still not been answered.
For AVAYA, NORSTAR, NEC, SAMSUNG, MITEL, PANASONIC, TOSHIBA telephone systems and voicemail call (866)206-2316 or email MasterTelephone@gmail.com