· Switch Type: Default = NI2
Options 4ESS, 5ESS, DMS100 and NI2.
· Provider: Default = Local Telco
Select the PSTN service provider (AT&T, Sprint, WorldCom or Local Telco). When set to AT&T, an additional AT
& T Provider Setup menu can be accessed from the menu. 90
· Test Number:
Used to remember the external telephone number of this line to assist with loop-back testing. For information only.
· Send Redirecting Number: Default = Off
· Clock Quality: Default = Network
Leave as Network unless advised otherwise by Avaya.
· Framing: Default = ESF
Selects the type of signal framing used (ESF or D4).
· CRC Checking: Default = On Turns CRC on or off.
· Zero Suppression: Default = B8ZS
Selects the method of zero suppression used (B8ZS or AMI ZCS).
· CSU Operation:
Tick this field to enable the T1 line to respond to loop-back requests from the line.
· Line Signaling: Default = CPE
The field can be set to either CPE (Customer Premises Equipment) or CO (Central Office). This field should normally be left at its default of CPE. The setting CO is normally only used in lab back-to-back testing.
· Haul Length: Default = 0-115 feet
Sets the line length to a specific distance.
· Channel Unit: Default = Foreign Exchange
This field should be set to match the channel signaling equipment provided by the Central Office. The options are Foreign Exchange, Special Access or Normal
T1 PRI parameters