Problems with lines
The troubleshooting problems listed here focus on trouble with making calls or using lines. For problems which are specific to BRI lines, refer to Problems with BRI service on page 615.
Calls cannot be made (but can be received)
1. Press ≤•‚.
2. Press a line button.
3. If an incorrect line number or name appears, or if neither appears, on the display, check the programming settings.
If the correct line number or name appears on the display, make sure the external lines are properly cross-connected.
4. Check external lines by attaching a test telephone directly on the distribution block.
5. Ensure that the 25-pair cable is properly connected to the modules or the ICS.
6. Run a Maintenance session.
7. Use Module status to verify that the module on which the Trunk Cartridge is installed is not disabled or unequipped.
8. Run a Maintenance session and disable the appropriate ports using Port/DN status.
Charts showing external line port number defaults appear